1. Benefits of Personal Training
2. What to Expect from your Assessment
3. Personal Training Services
Simply put, cardiovascular training is good for two things:
- Strengthening your heart.
- Getting rid of fat.
There are certainly other benefits, like increased endurance, but more people are looking for those two aspects. Cardiovascular training is not only important but essential for maintaining fitness, and it must be included in your exercise program. At The Sportsplex by HealthCARE Express, we have the largest selection of cardiovascular equipment in the area, including the Wave, the hottest new machine in cardio training.
The Sportsplex by HealthCARE Express offers the largest line of free weights and machine weights for all of your strength and fitness needs.
Benefits of Strength Training:
- Increased muscular strength.
- Increased strength of ligaments and tendons.
- Potentially improves flexibility (range of motion in joints).
- Reduces body fat and increases lean body mass.
- Potentially decreases resting systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Improves glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity.
- Improves strength, balance and functional ability as you age.
- Increases metabolism.
- Helps prevent bone loss and osteoporosis in women.
Circuit training enables the member to perform both a cardiovascular and resistance weight training regimen at the same time. By shortening the length of rest between exercises, this will allow an individual to accomplish the benefits of both a cardiovascular workout while toning his or her figure as well. Circuit training is recommended for the individual who is short on time and/or the individual who is starting an exercise regimen for the first time. Circuit training is also beneficial for the individual who has not been active in an exercise facility in a long time. You will find a separate circuit training room in the front of our fitness center next to our tanning rooms.
An interval training workout that focuses on high intensity strength and cardio conditioning.
A total body suspension training program using straps to develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability.
At The Sportsplex by HealthCARE Express, we offer all types of training. With our sports performance program, we provide one on one, group and team training programs to meet the specific training needs for your sport. If our standard programs don’t meet your needs, we will work with you to create a custom program that does.
All of our training programs include a free evaluation used by your performance coach to chart improvements over the course of your training sessions. The evaluation is also used to determine any weakness that may play an important role when training for a specific sport.
We offer a number of programs based on the overall needs of the Athlete.
- Strength: The basis of sports. A program made with a variety of resistance training exercises tailord to the specific demands of your sport.
- Speed: Acceleration exercises to increase linear mobility and covering distances in shorter amounts of time.
- Power: Explosiveness. Using Plyometrics and the Vertimax to quicken initial bursts which are crucial in sports.
- Agility: Increase multi-directional quickness with drills used by professional athletes.
The Sportsplex by HealthCARE Express
Where we are improving Texarkana's health and quality of life
one person, one family, one business at a time...